On 13/03/17 04:39, Jay Summet via EV wrote:
The next time I use a Leaf pack on an EV I want to be able to just plug it in "unmodified" and make use of the existing BMS and CAN interface, it's good to know that people are making good progress on the "auto" side of this.

The BMS is already understood mostly enough to use in a conversion. While it evidently logs an error when the car is missing, it's quite happy to tell you the battery current, voltage, remaining capacity and cell voltage levels. There are some more signals that would be a good idea to follow but I don't know if anyone has identified them:

* High voltage discharge permit signal
* System main relay ON permit signal
* Insulation resistance signal
* Li-ion battery dischargeable power signal