On 22 Mar 2021 at 10:33, Steves via EV wrote:

> Remember that the Bolt also doesnTMt have a spare. Remember too that EVs
> donTMt always use readily available tires, so if you get a flat, you could be
> stuck for a few days waiting on tire delivery.

By way of comparison, Renault Zoe comes with a compressor and a fancy
factory-supplied (probably expensive to replace at the dealer) can of what
is no doubt similar to good old Fix-a-Flat.  They tell you to hook the
compressor and canister to the tire, squirt the goo in, drive for a few km
to smear it around the inside, then stop and fill the tire to the right
pressure.

I guess Renault's engineers don't much like tire service people.  :-\

You get no spare, no jack, no jacking points.  Supposedly they don't give
you a jack so you don't risk damaging the battery with it.  As usual, the
battery is under the vehicle.

I wonder how many other production EVs have such a strong concern about the
battery under the vehicle.

But at least the Zoe has more or less normal driving controls in the
locations drivers normally expect.  It even has, praise be, three real
physical knobs for adjusting the HVAC system.  Hallelujah.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     There'll be one corporation, selling one little box.
     It'll do what you want, and tell you what you want,
     And cost whatever you've got.

                   -- Greg Brown, "Where is Maria," 1996