On 8 Jul 2021 at 20:56, mark hanson via EV wrote:

> A friend's wife totaled a model 3 on a country road ...   my friend
> ... totaled a second Tesla-3 ... has some medical issues from the
> accident.

So sorry to hear that.  Condolences to your friends, and hopes for an
eventual full recovery.

> I guess I'm old fashioned, I'm happy with an electric car that just runs ...

With you 100% there.

What Justin said eariler supports that notion:

>  for truly dangerous situations it can't handle, well surely autopilot
> wouldn't be engaged in an accident, since it would have kicked the user
> out of it moments before the problem.

It seems more than a little disingenuous for Tesla to release all those
statements that "autopilot wasn't engaged when the crash happened" when
autopilot is conveniently designed not to be.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     That's not a "cloud,"  It's just someone else's computer.

                                        -- Anonymous