The subject looks like an auto-incorrection error.  I think it's supposed to
be "catenaries."  (Bloody smartphones think they're smarter than they are.)

>From the Oxford Dictionary:

Centenary: The hundredth anniversary of a significant event; a centennial.

Catenary: A curve formed by a wire, rope, or chain hanging freely from two
points and forming a U shape.

Also: https://locomotive.fandom.com/wiki/Catenary

> the onus would be on the German government to build the overhead
> cables, which cost an estimated 2.5 million euros per kilometer, or
> about $5 million per mile

I may be missing something here, but wouldn't it be more economical to
promote more use of rail freight instead?  Maybe even subsidize it?  EU
rails are already electrified.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.

                                     -- Edward R Murrow