On 17 Aug 2021 at 18:50, Mark Abramowitz via EV wrote:

> Your question is a good one, though unclear.

Maybe I'm missing some nuance, but I thought it was reasonably clear.  Peter
asked:

> What, exactly, do people see as the advantage(s) of a FCEV over a BEV?

The "exactly" gives it a somewhat challenging tone, but I hope you'll
overlook that. :-)

Parenthetically, I understand that you probably feel like you're in the
minority here.  You are; we DO have a lot of FCEV and hydrogen skeptics.
But I'm sure that some of us are also rather interested in what motivates
the H2 community, even if we might not be part of it.

Speaking for myself now, I'd love to see you simply list the factors that
led YOU YOURSELF to choose an FCEV over a BEV, if that's not too personal.
I guess that would be "advantages to the consumer."

Not to put words in your mouth, or keys under your fingers, but maybe:

- To get more range?
- To have faster fueling?
- To support fuel cell and/or an H2 Economy development?
- Others?

It might also help for you to tell us approximately WHEN you bought your
FCEV.  That would give us an idea of what BEVs were like then.

If you think the above is none of my business, that's fine; then please just
list some general FCEV advantages over BEVs for today's generic vehicle
buyer.

I'd like to ask you a few more questions, if you don't mind.  Again you're
welcome to say MYOB.

1. Do you have another vehicle at your disposal, for when you need to drive
where no hydrogen fueling is available?

2. If so, is it BEV or ICEV?

3. If so, about what percentage of your driving do you log on that vehicle
per year, vs what percentage on your FCEV?

4. Given the state of the art in BEVs today - battery capacities at 50-
100kWh, ranges of 300-400+ miles, fast charging at 150-250kW and soon 300kW -
 if you were buying a car now, would you still choose an FCEV over a BEV?

5. Why or why not?

Again, if you don't want to answer any or all of those questions, fine;
please just say "I'd prefer to pass on that one."  No need to question the
questions. "MYOB" won't hurt my feelings.  :-)

Thanks!

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Imagine if workers hired consultants and "compensation
     committees," consisting of their peers at other companies,
     to recommend how much they should be paid. The result would be
     -- well, we know what it would be, because that's what CEOs do.

                                        -- Matthew Stewart