The US government has opened a formal investigation into Tesla´s driver-
assistance system known as Autopilot after a series of collisions with
parked emergency vehicles.

The investigation covers 765,000 vehicles, almost everything that Tesla has
sold in the US since the start of the 2014 model year. Of the crashes
identified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) as
part of the investigation, 17 people were injured and one was killed.

NHTSA says it has identified 11 crashes since 2018 in which Teslas on
Autopilot or Traffic Aware Cruise Control have hit vehicles at scenes where
first responders used flashing lights, flares, an illuminated arrow board or
cones warning of hazards. NHTSA says it has identified 11 crashes since 2018
in which Teslas on Autopilot or Traffic Aware Cruise Control have hit
vehicles at scenes where first responders used flashing lights, flares, an
illuminated arrow board or cones warning of hazards ...

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), which also has investigated
some of the Tesla crashes, has recommended that NHTSA and Tesla limit
Autopilot´s use to areas where it can safely operate ....

The investigation is the latest in a series launched by NHTSA which has
opened at least 30 crash investigations involving Tesla cars that it
suspected were linked to Autopilot. One investigation into a 2016 crash
cleared Tesla´s Autopilot of any blame ...

Full story:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/aug/16/teslas-autopilot-us-
investigation-crashes-emergency-vehicles

or https://v.gd/xSIqBl

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     The only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world
     of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

                       -- Richard Nixon, "Real Peace"(1983)