Mark, I'd still like to read YOUR responses to the questions posted here,
especially to my own questions.

That said, thanks for posting that video clip.

I wasn't too impressed with the production itself - all those annoying jump
cuts!  I don't undertand why producers will put significant effort into a
production, but can't be bothered to set up a second camera (old mobile
phones are cheap) so they have another angle for editing without jump cuts.
They don't even seem to know how to make or use simple B-roll.

At least she was more prepared than the "Hey youtubers, today we're gonna
look at ..." crowd who just wing it, wasting the viewers' time with semi-
coherent rambling.

But that's just technical griping.  To get to the info, the presenter made a
point that I hadn't thought much about - increasing range on an FCEV is less
likely to add significant weight than it would on a BEV.

She seems to think that that matters more for trucks than cars.  I'd say
that the opposite is true.  When you consider battery weight as a percentage
of a  truck's payload,  more might not be that big a deal.

She points out that FCEVs fuel faster.  She says 5 minutes for FCEVs;
elsewhere I've read 8 minutes.  However, as superchargers hit 300kW, the
difference is narrowing.

So 2 of her 5 points - refueling and other uses - may give a slight edge to
FCEVs.

But her 3 other points are either pretty close to a toss-up (range), or come
down solidly in favor of BEVs (efficiency and infrastructure)..

That's especially true of infrastructure, because H2 stations are costly to
build - from what I've just read, around $2.8 million.  However, adding
150kW charging to existing filling stations costs less than $150k per
charging point.

I was *really* irritated when she brought up that old, long-since debunked
fiction, "If all our cars were EVs they'd take down the grid."  "All EVs"
isn't going to happen overnight, nor any time soon, and possibly never.
There's plenty of time for utlities to catch up.  She should know better.

On the balance, I thought that on her 5 challenge points, BEVs were the
clear winner -  IN SPITE of "By the way, thank you to Toyota for sponsoring
this entire series."

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my