On 24 Oct 2021 at 13:35, (-Phil-) via EV wrote:

> I'd say there's no way Tesla is going to "open up" the supercharging
> network in the US, even in the next 2 years, let alone the end of this
> year.

It's quite likely that you know more about this than I do, but I don't think
that Elon Musk is going to stop clawing in every cent for miles around until
he's comfortably and irreversibly in first place as richest person on Earth.

If he thinks that he can make more money charging non-Tesla EVs, I assure
you that it will happen.

Personally, though, I don't think that's the case yet, and may never be.  US
EV sales other than Tesla are still less than spectacular, so it's hard to
see Tesla spending the bucks retrofitting their charging points to support
them.

> They can (and are being legally required to) in Europe, where they have
> already switched most of their network

Perhaps not coincidentally, EV sales are rising much more quickly in Europe
than they are in the US.

And although the Tesla 3 is selling well there since they've finally
reduced their EU prices to a more competitive level, Tesla is a relative
latecomer (about 8-9 years late), and they don't represent the percentage of
registered EVs that they do in the US.

Regardless of EU law, allowing all EU EVs to charge at Tesla EU charging
points is smart business for Tesla.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     You pray for the hungry. Then you feed them. That's how
     prayer works.

                                    -- Pope Francis