Twenty-five US state attorneys general are suing the US EPA over requiring
CO2 reductions.  One claims that the EPA rules will "sacrifice the American
auto industry."

Members of congress are also stepping in.

"Last week, Michigan Rep. John James introduced legislation to dismantle
those same rules, arguing the standards are 'a clear example of EPA
overreach as it picks winners and losers by setting emission standards at a
level that only electric vehicles can meet.'

"Senator John Barrasso (WY) ... introduced legislation last week along with
Senator Shelley Moore Capito (WV) to roll back federal tax credits for
electric vehicle purchases. Supporters of the so-called 'Eliminate Lavish
Incentives To Electric (ELITE) Vehicles Act' claim it will keep China from
exploiting loopholes in the Treasury Department that could give it access to
taxpayer incentives.

"The act also looks to defund investments in electric vehicle charging
infrastructure ... Wyoming state lawmakers have also attempted to ban the
sale of EVs in the state by 2035 in response to lobbying by incumbent oil
and gas companies."

More:

https://www.theverge.com/2024/5/6/24150041/ev-epa-clean-air-emissions-
lawsuit-republicans-tax-credit

or https://v.gd/bvDCLU

Contact information:

Michigan Rep. John James
https://james.house.gov/contact/offices.htm

Senator John Barrasso
https://www.barrasso.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/office-locations

Senator Shelley Moore Capito
https://www.capito.senate.gov/contact/contact-landing

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     "Do your research" claims to empower the recipient to draw her
     own conclusions based on her own critical thinking and evaluation
     of source material.  Actually, it demands the exact opposite:
     conformity to the speaker's viewpoint.

                                                      -- Sara Petersen

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/