On 13 May 2024 at 17:55, John Lussmyer via EV wrote:

> Note the total quantities of the EV's sold by all the other
> manufacturers.  Each of them is TINY relative to Tesla.

That's certainly true in the US.

In Europe, Volkswagen Group is currently #1 in EV sales.  Tesla sells a lot
of Model Ys, but not as many 3s, and almost zero Models S and X.

VW doesn't have any single model that comes close to the Y in sales.
However, it has more different EV models, under more brands, with a more
diverse appeal and a wider price range.  Thus, at the moment it beats Tesla
in the aggregate.

EVs in EU, first quarter 2024

VW Group 18% market share
Tesla 15%
Stellantis 12.5%

> BYD is doing pretty good in China.

I don't have the numbers at hand, but IIRC, in China, BYD has lately been
outselling Tesla between 3:1 and 4:1.  Home team and all, I guess, and also
lower prices.

> Tesla still seems to be selling all they can make.

Are you sure about that?

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-is-running-out-of-room-to-store-unsold-cars-
1851473377

or https://v.gd/tt5798

Maybe they expect that their recent further price cuts will lead to a quick
sellout of the excess inventory.  Just a guess.

-----

Sidebar: A couple of weeks later, Tesla appears to be again changing their
position on their charging business.

https://fortune.com/2024/05/13/tesla-supercharger-workers-rehired-elon-musk-
layoff-entire-team-max-dezegher/

or https://v.gd/VwZKOP

I wonder how much of a raise De Zegher negotiated.   :-\

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     There is a war between the rich and poor,
     A war between the man and the woman.
     There is a war between the left and right,
     A war between the black and white,
     A war between the odd and the even.
     There is a war between the ones who say there is a war
     And the ones who say there isn't.
     Why don't you come on back to the war, pick up your tiny burden.
     Why don't you come on back to the war, let's all get even.

                                -- Leonard Cohen

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/