On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 22:09 +1000, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
> In Adam's note that started this thread on the Marketing list, he
> asked about organising a one-day OOo RegiCon before DLS, but so
> far we haven't really addressed that question; we got deflected
> into talking about a booth. I'd like to return to the question of
> a 1-day RegiCon program.
>
> Jacqueline commented in response to Adam that "there were too few
> people able to commit promised resources to the previous event."
> If this comment was in reference to the RegiCon itself (the
> program of speakers), rather than the booth, then I'm wondering
> what "promised resources" were not forthcoming. I wasn't involved
> in the program planning for this year's RegiCon, so I don't know
> who was involved.

I vaguely remember someone dropping out as a speaker so I took their
place but could be wrong on that one.

> Conference planning is something that several of us (who are not
> involved in OOoCon2005) are quite capable of doing, thus not
> taking limited resources away from other marketing efforts. Adam
> already volunteered to take the initiative and approach Linspire.
> I notice in Jacqueline's note that this year's event was referred
> to the Community Council because of the controvery about
> Linspire. Would the CC need to be involved again, or could
> Marketing authorise a RegiCon?

Really need to sort this out before putting a lot of effort in. Is it OK
in principle? Will Linspire provide us the same resource as last year?
When is it? Who can make it? Once we know its feasible then we can start
more detailed plans.

--
Ian Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZMSL