Moved to the Events list...

Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
On 2006-03-10, at 18:15 , Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

1) Are sales of books allowed at LWE Boston? (Some shows allow sales; others don't, especially if they have an "official" bookstore... even though the official bookstore would not have copies of some of the OOo books.)

Uhm. I don't know. I can ask. Good point.

I just saw your follow-up note on this (on the Marketing list), in which you concluded,
My interpretation is no, we can't sell books. Glad you asked.
However, one can give out sample copies and point to where
one *can*  buy the texts.

OK, see below.

2) Is anyone organising with publishers to get some books? Given that there is no budget for buying any, even to sell, donations would be needed. There is little time left to make arrangements and have the books arrive in time.

I was going to ask a few, along with asking them to get their authors out there to help staff the booth. I can have them sent to an address (see below) and then trundle them to the thither.

I represent the publisher (Friends of OpenDocument Inc) of three relevant books:

* OASIS OpenDocument Essentials (J. David Eisenberg)
* Getting Started with OpenOffice.org 2.0 (OOoAuthors)
* OpenOffice.org 2.0 Writer Guide (OOo Authors)

I said in an earlier note that FoOD cannot offer free copies of these books, but upon further reflection, we can provide one copy of each book for display at the booth, if you are interested.

3) Where should copies of books or other donations be sent? Potential donors need a specific shipping address.

I have an address that I can send offlist. Just contact me.

--Jean