On Tue, 2018-04-10 at 14:03 -0500, Paul Stejskal wrote:
> On 二, 2018-04-10 at 14:57 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
> > No need to compile for 16.04 LTS.  Evolution 3.20.5 available for download
> > from gnome3-team and gnome3-team staging.  Add the repositories
> > (gnome3-team first) and your are in business.
> >
> > John
>
> 1) Top posting angers people on this DL. You may get snarky replies if you
> continue.
> 2) HTML kind of does the same thing.
>
> 3.20 is kind of old though. I haven't checked if there is another PPA, but
> running 17.10 runs 3.26.
>
> Does 17.10 work with Horizon? I use Horizon client at work and it's just fine
> here.

I'm more concerned about recommending a "staging" repository, than about
the posting style.

"=== *WARNING* ===
The packages here have been deemed not ready for general use, they have
known bugs and/or regressions, sometimes of a critical nature. Mostly
things should run smoothly but be prepared to use ppa-purge, when you
encounter issues!

If they break your system, you get to keep both halves." -
https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/ubuntu/gnome3-staging