On Fri, 2018-11-09 at 12:53 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-11-09 at 11:26 -0500, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
> > I have the best Internet service I can afford (50 Mbps down /10 Mbpsup, Cox
> > Business Cable); however, it is too slow for evolution orperhaps the mail
> > servers I am using are too slow. I am gettingrepeated "Mail authentication
> > requests. How do I keep these frompopping up or keep them from popping up
> > when I acknowledge the firstone?
>
> That has to be a mail server / authentication issue - hard to believethat is
> related to bandwidth.
Thank you for your reply.  Evolution versions is 3.30.1-1build1; OS is Ubuntu
18.10.

What I need to be able to do is stop the Mail authentication request from keep
repeating after the first acknowledgment of the problem with the mail server not
responding fast enough for evolution.  More over, the mail authentication
request locks up evolution until you acknowledge it.  Such problems as socket
timeouts and broken pipes should show as an error message as they do in other
mail clients and not with a pop-up authentication request.

Why does evolution think it is important that the mail authentication request
popup come up every 5 seconds or so?

John