On Mon, 2019-03-11 at 05:41 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
> Evolution is more sensitive to upsets on the major e-mail services than is
> Outlook 365, for example.  Within the past day, Evolution (3.30.1-1build1) has
> been reporting connection problems on a IMAPX account where another one of my
> PCs running Outlook 365 under Windows 10 has been doing fine with the same
> account.  Both PCs are Ethernet to my cable modem.

        Hi,
Evolution uses glib's gio streams, which use gnutls in the background.
Evolution (or Camel from evolution-data-server, to be precise) used to
use NSS/NSPR for this (I'm always confused which is for what from these
two), but it's a long time ago. I sometimes also see odd behavior when
the connection is busy (not necessarily from my machine, just on my
local network), which I believe is due to the way the gio streams work
in some cases. Nonetheless, it's only my hypotheses, not anything I
could prove or even anything I investigated into the deepness.
        Bye,
        Milan