Hi,

We are facing a problem with creating rule on a Public folder by using the
Folder assistant.

We archive the mails sent to a mailing list in a public folder by making the
public folder member of the distribution list. We have set a rule on the
public folder by using Folder Assistant, the rule forwards the mails (mails
as attachment) that are coming from a specific user (from an external
domain) to the mailing list addressed in the 'To' or 'Cc' to a member in our
site and another associate in an external domain. The mail is auto forwarded
to the member in our site without any problems but the mail does not reach
the external domain.

We checked the logs on the exchange server and found that the folder does
not even trying to forward the mail to the external domain, there is no
trace of this mail in the log. We have also unchecked the disable automatic
replies to the internet in the advanced options of IMS, Internet options.

We are looking at the other issues (relay not being allowed), but what is
surprising is that the mail does not even reach the mail gateway (there is
no log of this mail coming in the gateway logs), Exchange just drops in thin
air.

Has anyone faced similar problem? any solutions or pointers would be very
much appreciated.

Thanks
Chandrasekhar Varma.

This message is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately. You should not
copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. The
views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not
reflect the views and opinions of Wilco.