        From: Kevan Dickinson [mailto:kevan.dickin...@nsf-cmi.com]
        Sent: 07 April 2011 10:14
        To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
        Subject: RE: Questions about DAG's (Database Availability
Groups) in exchange 2010

        Hi

        Thank you for all  your replies.  This has given me a better
understanding of what is expected to happen.

        One more question though.  (For the moment)

        When an exchange server fails and all the clients reconnect to
another exchange server.  What happens when the original exchange server
becomes available again?  Do the Outlook clients automatically change
back to using their original Exchange server?  Or do they just continue
to connect to the server that they have been connected to whilst their
(home) server was off line?

        I am just thinking about our circumstances where we have one
exchange server in the UK and one In the US. It would seem illogical for
the clients to continue to connect to a server in the US if the one in
our office became available again after a failure.  And vice versa
should a failure occur on the US server.

        Regards

        Kevan Dickinson

        Network Manager

        NSF-CMI

        23 Lodge Road

        Hanborough Business Park, Long Hanborough,

        Oxford, OX29 8SJ, UK

        T:+44 01993 885661

        E:kevan.dickin...@nsf-cmi.com

        W:www.nsf-cmi.com