From: Bill Songstad [mailto:bsongs...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 1:20 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: New-MailboxRestoreRequest -TargetRootFolder reveals recoverable items
folder

I did a restore of a user folder to a new folder in their mailbox using the
-TargetRootFolder parameter in Exchange 2010SP1.

The original folder was restored to the new location but in the root of the new
folder was the Recoverable Items folder and all of its subfolders.  It appears
to be current, but the restore was from a backup yesterday so it could just
look current and be yesterdays.

Is this to be expected?  I thought that folder was pretty much always invisible.

Is it in fact the real recoverable items folder for that users current mailbox,
or the recoverable items folder from the recovery database mailbox?

Can it be deleted without hosing the retention strategy?

It seems that my testing is generating more questions than answers.  As always,
I am very thankful for the group's wisdom.

-Bill

or send an email to