Thomas kinghorn wrote:
> Afternoon All.
>
> Is it possible to have a mysql query in the retry configuration
> so that different domains have various different retry configurations?

When doing exactly what you tried - Short answer, no. Only the first
part of the line expanded - the single part address list. The rest of
line has a specific format as specified in:

http://docs.exim.org/current/spec_html/ch32.html

However, you could make the a table that matched up every domain to the
retry rule you wanted. Maybe.

The following was produced at exactly 1 minute to 5 (end of work) when I
was thinking of beer and what I was going to do for the weekend.

ie a table like .
domain varchar
retryline int

a query like
MYSQLRETRY1=SELECT domain FROM domretry WHERE retryline = 1 AND domain =
${mysqlescapethingy{$domain}}
MYSQLRETRY2=SELECT domain FROM domretry WHERE retryline = 2 ....

and a retry table that looked
${lookup{mysql{MYSQLRETRY1}} * F,4d,6h
${lookup{mysql{MYSQLRETRY2}} * F,7d,2h

Maybe? I haven't really thought about this :P