> On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 16:26:03 +0000
> Ian Eiloart <i...@sussex.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Which is why my server does NO spam filtering.  It's up to the
> > users what to do about spam;
> The trouble with that is that the ideal situation is that spammers
> simply can't deliver their email.

There are two topics:
- SPAM detection and tagging
- SPAM blocking

> If you check at the MTA, then you
> can arrange this (false positives and false negatives
> notwithstanding).

If you _check_ at MTA level, you can help the user to make the right
decision, with a clever scoring method.

Then after your check, if you block at MTA level, I think it's bad.

> If you leave it to the end user, it's too late to reject the email.

If the user uses some filtering tool at MUA level _and_ the scoring is
good quality, the final user wont see any SPAM.

> As far as the spammer is concerned, the email is delivered.

I dont agree.

--
RMA.