On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 05:16:45PM +0100, Andrew C Aitchison via Exim-users
wrote:

> Given that taint checking appeared in Exim 4.93 and
> allow_insecure_tainted_data in Exim 4.95,
> this (Exim 4.96) would be the first time that allow_insecure_tainted_data
> would actually be helpful.
>
> Is it just me, or are others worried about the new taint checking
> having unexpected consequences and no way to disable it for debugging ?

I'd prefer the allow_insecure_tainted_data never be removed, now or in the
future. At the least, as an experimental feature that requires intentional
enabling during a source build. At the worst as a separate community maintained
patch against the official source for each new release. Maintaining production
mail systems that handle millions of messages a month is no trivial feat, and a
single taint failure can turn (and has turned) a routine upgrade plan into a
mess.

Thanks,
Dean