Hi again,

Thanks for the help w/lynx.  I probably should have thought of that.

For anyone who's interested, I did the following things to correct
the linuxconf problem I was having.  Here's the description
from my previous post:

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Eric Rahmig wrote:

> 1.  When quitting linuxconf, it complains that the system is not in sync.
>     It wants to change ownership of /var/spool/mqueue to root.mail,
>     it wants to change /usr/sbin/pppd to mode 755, and it wants to
>     restart gpm.
>
>     I noticed duplicate entries in "Control" -> "Control files and
>     systems" -> "Configure file permissions and ownership" for
>     /var/spool/mqueue and for /usr/sbin/pppd, each with different
>     settings.  In /usr/lib/linuxconf/redhat/perm there are "extra"
>     files, mail.mdkconf and ppp.mdkconf.  Are these supposed to be
>     there?  Are they causing the duplicate entries?

I configured the permissions on the duplicate /var/spool/mqueue and
/usr/sbin/pppd entries to match.  No more complaints from linuxconf.

Also, regarding restarting gpm at linuxconf exit, I noticed that
/etc/rc.d/init.d/gpm said "pidfile: /var/run/gpmpid" but the actual
file was /var/run/gpm.pid.  I changed the line to read
"pidfile: /var/run/gpm.pid" and linuxconf stopped trying to restart
gpm whenever I tried to exit.

Eric

--
Eric Rahmig