"man login" will give you the scoop.  The file /etc/usertty allows you to
setup quite elaborate definitions of host, groups, and users that are able
to login to the system.

HTH
Stew Benedict

     The power in technology lies in getting it to
          work the way you do, we can help.
Stew Benedict *** AYS Enterprises *** [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     http://www.crosswinds.net/~stewb ICQ: 18063833
 http://www.aysenterprises.com Phone/Fax: 216-228-3983