ttyS3 (com4:) shares an interrupt with ttyS1 (com2:).  Is com2: in use?
What does

setserial /dev/ttyS3 have to say?

You make need to change the interrupt, or disable com2: in your BIOS.

I believe mine was ttyS5 by default, and I need to use setserial to set
the ioport and interrupt.  This information can be discovered from dmesg,
or from:

cat /proc/interrupts
cat /proc/ioports

Once you've come up with the right settings, you can add them to one of
the init scripts, say rc.local or rc.serial if you have it.

Stew Benedict