On Friday 12 January 2001 23:50, you wrote:
> No. I downloaded the linuxconf rpm's (from sunsite mirror) and checked
> them with rpm -K and they checked OK. Install went fine too. However, I
> only use update to tell me if there are updates, then I go get them, ftp
> them into my updates directory, check them with -K, and install them
> after ogling (rpm -qipl). That process worked fine for me.
>
> Tom Berkley
>
> "Ralph F. De Witt" wrote:
> > Hi all:
> > Has any one had problems with the new Linuxconf update. I tried to
> > download it from several sites and had Mandrakeupdate tell me either it
> > was unsigned or that it was not properly signed, or my Gnupg was
> > improperly installed. At any rate it would not install even if I tried to
> > force it.
> >
> > --
> > Ralph F. De Witt MBA
> >
> > It said uses Windows 98 or better so I installed Linux-Mandrake 7.2
> > Proud user of Linux-Mandrake 7.2 Powerpack Deluxe
> > Register Linux User 168814 ICQ #49993234
> > GPG Public Key available at http://www.keyserver.net
> > Key fingerprint = 6426 1CFF 0987 9D51 76D6  06BC F22A CFF4 559A 03E7
Tom:
I have reinstalled the Mandrake GPG key it is the one I had. I tried all my
ftp programs and have to the conclusion that they are corrupted. In trying to
download the linuxconf file which is some 1.8 mb I was only able to get about
a max of 300 k. the same for linuxconf devel. This was the same for all my
ftp programs, including konqueror and Nutscape, it did not seem to matter
which update site I was at also, I tried a good dozen. So on my end I am
statisfied that I do not have a problem, but that the problem lies in a
corrupt file or two on the update ftp sites. I guess that I will have to wait
for someone at Mandrake to notice this. Thanks for all your help.