On 06-Aug-2001 Jesse Hepburn wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade to GCC 3.0 (because 2.96 is buggy).  Whenever I
> try to make it (using make --bootstrap) I get preprocessor errors and
> the make fails.  Is this a known problem, or is it just me?  Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Jesse

I suppose you got a problem with libstdc++ with a file called gthr.h.
This is problem with sed and locale. (I can't remeber what it was excatly but
the solution is to set LC_ALL=C and LC_COLLATE=C
export LC_ALL=C
export LC_COlLATE=C

now you can do your make bootstrap.

AFAIK gcc-3.0.1 should already have a fix for this....

Gregor

PS: Please add information to you next post (describe the problem more closely).
E-Mail: Gregor Maier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 07-Aug-2001
Time: 09:12:39