sda wrote:
>  Let users have the last version or two behind only for free.

I disagree. Read the GPL. I don't want the money that I have given to Mandrake
to go towards adverstising in a big way. I believe that some of the best
things come from less than fully commercial sources. Public TV and radio is an
example, and I don't mind contributing to those also. Personally, I started
donating money to Mandrake last year before the creation of "The Club". I have
since joined just to help them out finacially.

> Mandrake deserves to take some hits and some of us shareholders are
> watching carefully, although we do seem to be a minority around here.

If you bought stock this early in the game expecting a return on your investment
in the short term you may have been foolish. There is money to be made in
technical support etc. but it will take time for the corporate idiots to
realize how much cheaper it is to just pay for the support then for the
software licenses too.

I work for a Fortune 500 company. We are a MS house primarily (what I meant by
C I ). Our IT infrastructure only kind-of works, and we are spending around
$2000 per seat per year including server licenses for Windows, Exchange,
Oracle etc.. Not all of this makes much sense to me. And the one thing our
poor front-line IT people could use is better support.

While I accept and appreciate the moral and political advantages of Linux
software, I use it constantly because it just works so much better. With 6
machines running Mandrake here at the house, including the two my girlfriend
has, the money I have donated seems a quite a bargain.

Note to self : Send more $$ to Mandrake.

Just my 2c.

KevinO