On Friday 19 Sep 2003 1:47 pm, Kitchener, Steve wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I know about ssh and the like, but what I was after was the ability
> to display the screens that are only normally displayed via the
> console screen, specifically those that are accessed via the CTRL/ALT
> + F1 etc...., but to be able to display those remotely on a different
> computer.

Why do you need those screens and not some functionally identical text
logon?

It is possible to get the single-user console to be via a serial port,
(and by extension over a modem,)  but doing it over a network is always
going to fail if the network drivers are not loaded, say in single-user
mode.

The only reason I can think of is if you want to support users who have
no GUI running. It might be possible to come up with some app that lets
you do that, the interfaces are pretty simple, but it probably isn't
out there already.

--
Richard Urwin