Hi Richard,

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Richard Bown wrote:

> I've installed bittorrent exactly as per the FAQ on the club pages.
> All the RPMS installed and bittorrent3.3.2, and the gui version.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] richard]# btdownloadcurses.py test
> mytorrent-richardbown929.torrent
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py", line 7, in ?
>     from BitTorrent.download import download
> ImportError: No module named BitTorrent.download

(In another posting, you stated that you have python 2.3 installed, and
this is what causes the "problem")

> What did I miss ??

Python simply doesn't find the modules, since the default search path is
"/usr/lib/python<VERSION>/site-packages" -- just enter the following and
see if you get the same result (I bet you do):

[EMAIL PROTECTED]>rpm -ql bittorrent | grep download.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/BitTorrent/download.pyc

So, in order to load the module, just provide the right search path:

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages

This should do the trick ...

Ad astra,
--
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Ueberall           Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität
Tel: (069)798-28361  Fax: -23340    Institut für Informatik / Telematik