On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Vtucatz elPunishar wrote:

> > [...] maybe "Vtucatz elPunishar" and I should exchange rpm lists?
>
> unfortunately, after 2 more reboots, my machine doesn't start anymore.
> lots of error messages during startup "command not found".
>
> can i extract an rpm list if i put the affected disk into another, running
> system?

Yes, that should be possible;  "man rpm" reveals a general option called
"--dbpath" (which takes the name of a directory as argument) -- this
should do it.

If you retrieved the list, could you gather some additional info about
your system (which kind of filesystem you were using, output of lspci -v,
...) and send me a summary (better not post it here -- too big)?
Thanks in advance!

Ad astra,
--
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Ueberall           Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität
Tel: (069)798-28361  Fax: -23340    Institut für Informatik / Telematik