On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 19:22, James Sparenberg wrote:
> ...>
> > There are many features that it has that I love, but others hate, like msec
> > and shorewall.
>
> rpm -e msec --nodeps then edit /etc/urpmi/skip.list and add msec.  *evil
> grin*  btw I treat zeroconf and tmdns to the same merciless death.

zeroconf and tmdns deserve it, but I'll speak up for msec and shorewall.
Both are good tools, both have a learning curve which is worthwhile.

John A, there are some good flamewars on msec in our archives, so you
can do a little browsing and get both sides in nauseating detail :-)
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...