Hello list!
What is reading/writing on my harddrive every 5-6 seconds?
If I go to runlevel 3, whatever it is, stops.
Runlevel 5 uses Kde 3, so it must be something in there.
I turn every app I see off, but still no result.

The thing is, the computer is in my bedroom, and I
experimented with making hdparm spin down the disk after a minute.
Ha! Nothing happend until i got down to 'spin down after 5 seconds of
inactivity' , which it sometimes does, but only to spin up after a second
again. :(

I checked for syslog started with -m 0, which it is,
but then again, its not part of Kde.

Any thoughts?
/Björn