Bill Mullen wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Sven L. wrote:

I am using MD 9.1 on my laptop with an static ip adress on eth0. Ifplugd
deletes the ip adress of eth0 if the cable is unplugged and this is the
reason for an jboss error. I need a real static ip adress on eth0. All
ideas are apreciated.

You could try adding this line to (or editing the existing line in, as
appropriate) your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file:

MII_NOT_SUPPORTED=yes

Then restart the network service ("service network restart" at a root prompt). IIUIC, this will disable the NIC's ability to report that the cable is unplugged, which should keep ifplugd from reacting. Hopefully. :)

HTH!

It works thank you!!!