On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:12:03 +0000 Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Monday 17 Nov 2003 7:00 pm, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> > Just had a problem where I couldn't write to a floppy -- tried a
> > number of things without luck, and google threads I read indicated
> > "hardware problems" from those answering; but the OPs did not
> > believe that since their floppy works under other OSs...   I dug
> > some more and found a workaround which simply involves
> > rmmod/modprobe floppy...
> >
> > http://bugs.mandrakelinux.com/query.php?bug=98
> >
> > HTHSomeoneElseAvoidTheHassles
>
> You know what I'm going to say, don't you Pierre?  It should be on the
> TWiki under HardwareIssues.  Pretty please?

Well...  this is not a h/w issue per se...  Actually, I think this should
be in a WorkArounds section wherein all the entries are noted to be just
that: "workarounds"....  they are only intended to be used until the root
problem is fixed -- in this case, the floppy module, or maybe the kernel
itself...  This is not a permanent fix.  Haven't visited the Twiki in a
few weeks; but I'll have a look RSN...