--- Rob Blomquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> With the upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1, the Mandrake
> upgrade worked pretty well,
> seeming to upgrade the stuff that needed, leaving
> alone the stuff that
> didn't.
I cannot say the same thing because i had some porblem
with kde menus, but i came from 8.2 before and
something of kde 2.2 survived.

> Now, 9.1 to 9.2 club, that was a fiasco. I finally
> moved my /home to a new
> partition, and blasted out /boot and /, installing
> in clean partitions. But
> what was left over was uploading all the little
> programs I like, say
> bidwatcher, KSetiSpy, Audacity, and the like, and
> nuking all the stuff I
> don't: devfs and supermount to name two. Then
> configuring a new hosts file,
> and setting up fstab to mount all the drives like I
> want them.
I had a lot of problem me either. I had to use grub
instead of linux when installation finished because
of errors i don't understood. (see my mail of upgrade:
no answers)
I couldn't use kde because of riva tnt2 card. I had to
rebuild the driver, but no kernel source was present,
so i had to download the one on the update site. To do

so i had to use old kernel -of course it worked
perfectly!
Now my hd works with pio mode 16 bit and all seems to
be slower.
I patched the installation to allow installing
security updates during installation, but now all
my pakages have check signature fail! The key
printed is the same of mine, but lower case!
I upgraded k3b (rel. 10), and i cannot use it
because of k3bsetup disappeared (i didn't found on
kde control centre and no where else)
I upgraded to 9.2 last sunday today it's the third
day! what can i find more? ....

> So the big question is how do you upgrade? Or maybe
> you don't. Or maybe you
> use urpmi to pull off an upgrade that does not
> interfere. I wanna know, cause
> I love linux, but I don't want to be a slave to my
> computer.
I'd like to know too.

thanks
Angelo