Ricardo (Tru64 User) wrote:
Forgive me if this has been discussed.

I tried it with 3 different machines, 4 different
floppies. "A Error Occurred. mkbootdisk failed" or
"Unable to properly close mkbootdisk, No space left on
device"

My problem is that I have dualboot scenarios..with
winblows.....and its boot loader HAS to remain the
default for some internal reasons. So linux is at
/dev/hda7

Usually I create a bootdisk during istall, and use it
to get back in linux, after perform a dd of the
bootsector. Is this a known problem?

_Thanks

Richard

The kernel has got too big to fit on a floppy. There is some attention being paid to this on cooker but I don't see that changing in the near future. You could recompile a smaller kernel. I have made a boot iso, burned to cd, which works as a boot cd, by using isolinux, part of the syslinux package. Read /usr/share/doc/sylinux-* and, if you are interested, I could try to recall how I made this iso.

Rolf