At 09:36 PM 11/19/2003 +0100, you wrote:
This might help you.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] test]$ cat /etc/cron.weekly/update_mdk
#!/bin/bash
#Keeps the system updated
urpmi.update -a --wget  && urpmi --wget --auto --auto-select --no-verify-rpm
[EMAIL PROTECTED] test]$

you might want to change that to just get the updates, this first get new list from all of the defined urpmi-sources (urpmi.update -a), then updates all the installed packages (--auto-select), with no confirmation (--auto), regardless of not signed rpms (--no-verify-rpm), both operations using wget instead of curl. Since it's in cron.weekly, well once a week...

This is on my destop, a produktion server proberbly needs
restart of updated programs.

/Björn

Thanks Bjorn. I appreciate it. I was testing a few commands. After adding my media, I tried to update all the media with this:

$ urpmi.update -a
retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "updates"...
...retrieving done
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.updates.cz]
computing md5sum of existing source hdlist (or synthesis)
examining MD5SUM file
retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "main"...
computing md5sum of retrieved source hdlist (or synthesis)
...retrieving failed: md5sum mismatch
retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
no hdlist file found for medium "main"
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]
retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "contrib"...
...retrieving done
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]

Ok..updates seemed to have worked as did contrib, but main failed. Any particular reason why this may have happened?
It seems that when "main" fails, I cant get a full listing of regular packages, like samba (2.2.8a).
Is the best way to fix this to remove the media, and add a different media?

I appreciate it.

Jason