On 8/19/22 00:24, b...@magnetophon.nl wrote:
> Hi Robin,
>
> When I saw your shelving based MB compressor, I also set out to make a
> generic N band and M channel version of it.  :)
> I ran into the same problem, and came up with this solution:
> https://github.com/magnetophon/faustExperiments/blob/shelfComp/N_band_Compressor_N_chan.dsp#L47

Hello Bart,

For the analysis stage using HP/LP you can run the filters in parallel,
like you do in line 68-73. However when applying the gain to each band
using a shelving filter, like I'd like to, it has to be done in sequence.

> Is your WIP also online already?

It is still the same that I have linked to earlier. - I have mostly
given up on providing a generic method, and actually believe that it is
impossible with FAUST at this point in time. But it is trivial to use
any number of bands by just writing it out, and you don't change the
[max] number of bands dynamically anyway.

Realistically a four band version is more than sufficient when mixing or
mastering. For Klaus' project where there's no human operator to set the
frequencies by ear, an eight band split may be preferable.

--
robin