Helly everyone,

My name is Matthias and I currently live in Washington, DC. My professional
background is within the transportation/rail industry, but originally started
within IT which is also how I got to use Linux in the first place.

I have first started using Linux in 2005 or so with SUSE. Since then I have
switched back and forth between multiple distributions and also used MacOS and
Windows for some time on my personal computers. While using Linux, I was mainly
using Ubuntu-based systems, but in May 2021 I switched to Fedora after F34 was
released and have been using Fedora since then. I'm frequently using the
command line but often just for simple things as it's just faster than some
graphical tools.

After I've been benefiting from open source software, I now want to contribute
as well. I have a bit of a programming background (Java, Python and VBA), but
my interests within contributing to Fedora are more within writing, translation
(my native language is German) and/or internationalization - I'm not completely
sure yet about which field would suit me best.

The time I am able to commit will vary over time. I am happy to aim for at
least 4 hours every week, but if time allows it can also be more than that.

I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone here and becoming
part of the team.

Matthias