Am 27.11.2020 um 23:27 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 11:20 PM Michael Koch <astroelectro...@t-online.de>
wrote:

Am 27.11.2020 um 22:47 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 10:40 PM Michael Koch <
astroelectro...@t-online.de>
wrote:

Am 27.11.2020 um 20:50 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 8:24 PM Michael Koch <
astroelectro...@t-online.de>
wrote:

Am 27.11.2020 um 19:25 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 7:09 PM Michael Koch <
astroelectro...@t-online.de>
wrote:

Hello,

I have a few questions about the asubboost and asupercut filters.

-- In asubboost it's not yet clear how the block diagram of the
filter
looks like. Especially the "decay" and "feedback" options are
unclear.
What's the input of the the delay line? Before or after the low pass
filter? Where does the feedback go to? Before or after the lowpass
filter? I have attached a sketch of a possible block diagram, but
it's
only a wild guess.

This filter just adds delayed sub frequencies set by cut off
frequency
back
to output. Decay sets decay of old sub echo in buffer and feedback
sets
how
much
new sub frequencies are added to the delay buffer.
Sorry, I didn't understand it. I think this filter could be explained
much better with a block diagram.

-- Is it correct that the "slope" parameter effectively changes the
cutoff frequency, but doesn't change the steepness (dB / octave) of
the
filter?

It changes steepness, not cutoff.
What's the unit of the "slope" option?

1 / octave, can be set as dB unit, eg. -20dB, 0dB or 1 is max value.

Use mentioned mpv command for the reason, as it displays curve.
The command does not work on my computer. I did download mpv.exe and run
the command line. mpv exits immediately, no output, no error message.
When I run mpv without any options, then a mpv window opens.

Make sure you run it inside power shell or cmd.exe and make sure you
tried
mpv.com too.
Now with mpv.com it works. But the version doesn't yet have the
asubboost filter. With other filters it works.

Download the latest release version of mpv. Also note that asubbost is not
a simple IIR filter
and thus it can not really show its response.

That's clear. If the filter has a delay line, then a simple frequency response makes no sense.

It would really help if you could draw a block diagram for asubboost. That would be much easier to understand than a description with words.

Michael