Am 14.06.2022 um 16:30 schrieb Cecil Westerhof via ffmpeg-user:
Michael Koch <astroelectro...@t-online.de> writes:

Am 14.06.2022 um 15:33 schrieb Cecil Westerhof via ffmpeg-user:
Michael Koch <astroelectro...@t-online.de> writes:

Am 14.06.2022 um 13:47 schrieb Cecil Westerhof via ffmpeg-user:
Sometimes I have to cut parts out of a video. I now use for this (bash on
Debian):
       ffmpeg -y                                                \
              -ss ${videoStart} -to ${cutStart} -i ${inputFile} \
              -ss ${cutEnd}     -to ${videoEnd} -i ${inputFile} \
              -vcodec         libx264                           \
              -crf            26                                \
              -acodec         libmp3lame -qscale:a 9            \
              -preset         veryfast                          \
              -lavfi "concat=n=2:v=1:a=1"                       \
              -an ${outputFile}

But the cut from one part to another is a bit abrupt. Is there a
possibility to smooth it with something like a fade?
you can use the xfade filter. :
https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#xfade
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Xfade
I am now using:
      offset=$((${cutStart} - ${videoStart} - ${duration}))
      xfade=xfade=transition=slideleft:duration=${duration}:offset=${offset}
      time ffmpeg -y                                             \
            -ss ${videoStart} -to ${cutStart} -i ${inputFile}    \
            -ss ${cutEnd}     -to ${videoEnd} -i ${inputFile}    \
            -vcodec         libx264                              \
            -crf            26                                   \
            -acodec         libmp3lame -qscale:a 9               \
            -preset         veryfast                             \
            -filter_complex ${xfade}                             \
            ${outputFile}

But I have a major and minor problem.
The major problem is that I do not have audio from the second part of
the video.
Audio has its own filter: acrossfade
This seems to work:

xfade="xfade=transition=slideleft:duration=${duration}:offset=${offset};acrossfade=d=${duration}"

The minor problem is that I have to calculate the offset. It would be
nice if I could use -duration, but that does not work sadly.
As far as I know this isn't yet implemented.
That sounds like it is going to be implemented. Or do I read to much
in this sentence?

I really don't know.

Michael