<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Story]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=19&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Praising and Asking

October 6, 2016
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: 2 Chronicles 6:12-21
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Isaiah 26-27; Philippians 2
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>

The highest heavens . . . cannot contain you. How much less this temple I
have built!—2 Chronicles 6:18
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=17&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Teen Challenge, a ministry to at-risk youth that started in New York City,
was born from an unusual commitment to prayer. Its founder, David
Wilkerson, sold his television set and spent his TV-watching time (two
hours each night) praying. In the months that followed, he not only gained
clarity about his new endeavor but he also learned about the balance
between praising God and asking Him for help.

King Solomon’s temple dedication prayer shows this balance. Solomon began
by highlighting God’s holiness and faithfulness. Then he gave God credit
for the success of the project and emphasized God’s greatness, declaring,
“The heavens, even the highest heavens, cannot contain you. How much less
this temple I have built!” (2 Chron. 6:18).

After exalting God, Solomon asked Him to pay special attention to
everything that happened inside the temple. He asked God to show mercy to
the Israelites and to provide for them when they confessed their sin.

Immediately after Solomon’s prayer, “fire came down from heaven and
consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the Lord
filled the temple” (7:1). This incredible response reminds us that the
mighty One we praise and speak to when we pray is the same One who listens
to and cares about our requests. —Jennifer Benson Schuldt

*How would you describe your conversations with God? What might help you
grow closer to Him as you pray? Read more about talking to God at
discoveryseries.org/hp135 <http://discoveryseries.org/hp135>.*

Prayer helps us see things as God sees them.

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=15&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Featured
Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=8&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=13&ms=MjY2OTMwODMS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=OTAwNjEwNjkyS0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2016, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---