I think you well find the following:

There are two Minolta profiles on your system (c:\windows\color if using a
PC).One for negative and one for positive images.

The Vuescan help file states that "Device RGB" is only useful if you select
"image" as the media type.
>From the Vuescan help file"...The "Device RGB" color space doesn't embed any
ICC profile into the TIFF or JPEG files, and outputs images in the color
space of the device.  The "Device RGB" option is only useful when
"Device|Media type" is set to "Image"....
Note that no profile is embedded.

The Minolta profiles are not recommended as "working spaces".

I am not sure what you are trying to do, but suspect you would be best
served to use Adobe RGB as you working space, select either image, slide, or
negative, as appropriate, under "Device/Media type", and have Vuescan tag
the crop files as Adobe RGB in the color tab. Vuescan well use the
appropriate Minolta profile to characterize the scanner in producing the
scan, and the tagged file will then open in Photoshop 6 without need for
further conversion.

Bob Wright