Hi,

I had a similar problem and have solved it via a workaround. The error
message is actually quite clear, the directory "m4" does not exist. If
you unpack the cloog tarball that fink downloaded, create this
directory and re-tar/compress, then tell fink to use this modified
tarball, all goes well (at least on the surface).

Hope that helps,
Marc Baaden
http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr

>>> Robert Wyatt said:
 >> Robert Wyatt wrote:

 >> > hmm, I only get a warning about aclocal and the build continues just
 >> > fine. That is, I don't have a "no such file or directory" error.
 >> >
 >> > I'm wondering if it's an autoconf issue. Which version do you have
 >> > installed? I have:
 >> > i   autoconf                             1:2.63-2
 >> One more data point: when I install autoconf2.13 I get this error with
 >> cloog:
 >> cd . && /bin/sh
 >> /sw/src/fink.build/cloog-0.15.4-1/cloog-ppl-0.15.4/autoconf/missing
 >> --run autoconf
 >> FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.54 or higher is required for this script
 >> make: *** [configure] Error 1
 >> ### execution of make failed, exit code 2
 >> Removing runtime build-lock...
 >> Removing build-lock package...
 >> /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -r fink-buildlock-cloog-0.15.4-1
 >> (Reading database ... 84189 files and directories currently installed.)
 >> Removing fink-buildlock-cloog-0.15.4-1 ...
 >> Failed: phase compiling: cloog-0.15.4-1 failed
 >>
 >> So it seems that there is a missing versioned dependency on autoconf
 >> (maintainer cc'd). In the meantime, try installing autoconf or
 >> autoconf2.5 and then try installing cloog.

     ---
 >> Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day

 >> trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus
     on
 >> Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july

 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baa...@smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr
 FAX: +33 15841 5026  -  Tel: +33 15841 5176  ou  +33 609 843217