>On 23-06-2020 11:28, Köditz, Martin wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I just received an user note, that the SMALLINT RGB example isn’t very
>> good, since RGB values need at least 24 bits.
>>
>> https://firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/html/en/refdocs/fblangref25
>> /firebird-25-language-reference.html#fblangref25-datatypes-smallint
>>
>> I think we should „correct“ it.
>
>Some of the older RGB schemes are 16 bit, eg see
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monochrome_and_RGB_color_formats#16-bit_RGB
>
>Mark
>--
>Mark Rotteveel

Hi Mark,

then we should say that our examples uses an older representation. But I think
it's better to change the example code. We could use something like that

CREATE DOMAIN DFLAG AS SMALLINT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL
  CHECK (VALUE=-1 OR VALUE=0 OR VALUE=1);

-- ISO values of DSLR cameras --
CREATE DOMAIN DCAM_ISO AS SMALLINT;

-- Integer Kelvin value --