On 01-07-2020 18:43, Köditz, Martin wrote:
I think a large table of contents makes sense. Even I find it difficult to find documents sometimes. How should a newcomer know in which area a document is or that it exists at all.

That's why I prefer a single large table of contents.

A large table of contents that covers everything will only overwhelm. I think a short list of the documentation with a short summary of the subjects covered would be better than a cross-document table-of-contents.

But I also think that some of the existing documentation should maybe be moved to an 'attic' (as in: move it out of the way, but keep it accessible as it might be interesting for some, but generally not very useful due to age or incompleteness).

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel