Martin,

<<I’m currently working on gstat-de. I struggled with following part:

Many web sites, books, manuals (previously including this one) explain that the
automatic sweep is activated when OAT - OIT is greater than the sweep interval.
This is _not_ the case as explained by Vlad Khorsun, one of the Firebird
developers, who explained that it is when OST -- OIT is greater than the
threshold that the sweep is activated.

What does the last sentence exactly mean? Can someone „tidy“ it?>>

Note
The automatic sweep is kicked off if the difference between OST (Oldest
Snapshot Transaction) and OIT is greater than the sweep interval defined. The
user's process that tried to start the transaction that exceeds the sweep
interval by one will sweep the entire database before actually starting the
transaction they requested.

From:
https://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/search/doc_67

Regards