We are using Firebird and I've been tasked with determining the costs
for migrating to MS SQL Server.  The last time I used the latter was ten
years ago, and in the role of a Java programmer.
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to come up with rough time and
cost estimates?

Also, I'd like pointers to FB vs. SQL Server comparisons, so I add those
to the analysis.  Obviously if the benefits don't exceed the costs of
the migration, it won't make sense.

Last, I'd like to exceed the requirements and throw in DB2 and Oracle.
If we're forced to migrate, it doesn't make any sense to only consider
one database.

Thanks, Rick DeBay

Disclaimer: This message (including attachments) is confidential and may be
privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or
dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. RxStrategies, Inc. shall
not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information
contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt or damage to
your system. RxStrategies, Inc. does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free from
viruses, interceptions or interference.