Hello Gustavo,

There are 2 reasons for "freezing" - inefficient SQLs and wrong
transactions/garbage strategy.
These reasons cover 99,9% of problems with "freezing".
Consider to have support from some knowledgeable Brazil professionals
http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/firebase-brazil/
or learn how Firebird works with  transactions and maintains garbage.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon Ltd (www.ib-aid.com)