Hello All,

To let you know our opinion (from the point of view as recovery products
and services company):

> On my experience :
>
> 1) USB HDD : more reliable, more speed and more space.

USDB HDD can be used only for backups. Database should be on RAID1/5/10
(according to your budget).

> 2) Pen Drive : more compact.

Welcome to our recovery service :)

> 3) RAM Disk : highest speed but risky and less space. Do not use it
> unless you aware of the risk. Runs on a dedicated PC (no other
> programs run on this pc, only database server and OS), backup it
> everyday, twice a day and have a reliable UPS. Love the speed when
> doing maintenance (backup/restore) - superb compare to those two.

We have tested RAM Disks - no performance advantages found when
comparing to the properly tuned Firebird.

With best regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon
www.ib-aid.com